Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Soft Kitty

I played with my daughter's toy version of a pottery wheel using the Crayola brand Air Dry Clay. It's actually much harder to make pottery than I thought, probably even more so using a kid pottery wheel since it doesn't have as much "umph" as a real sculpting wheel.  I had wanted to try to make a vase, or cup or something, but it ended up taking more of a bowl-like shape.  Actually, it looks a bit like an ash tray if I were being honest, but I don't smoke, nor have the need of an ash tray, so its a bowl. Smiley  To hold keys, like in Sheldon and Leonard's apartment...on Big Bang Theory.

Now, I realize the dark colors on Soft Kitty are not usually the prominent color, but I wasn't sure I had enough gray to use the lighter color on bulk of the painting, so I purposefully reversed it.  It's not perfect, but it's cute enough.  You can't see in the picture, but on one side I wrote "Sing Me Soft Kitty." and the other "Purr Purr Purr." It shows up sorta okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment