Thursday, July 26, 2012

4x6 Art Swap Rd 4

I received my art piece from the lovely co-organizer of the Craftster 4x6 Art Swap today. She really likes her coffee, and found that she can paint with instant coffee...this is what she came up with...it smells good!




So after two full weeks of waiting, my partner finally received her piece! I had to send to Canada, and it was gut-wrenching waiting for her to receive!  Unfortunately, the piece didn't make the trip quite in-tact, so it got a little broken in the center, but she said the leading and the paint held the glass together well enough, and you can't really tell there's a crack unless you really look. I'm pretty bummed about that, but what can you do?  

So, this is a faux stained glass piece, something I'm really new at. Getting the leading to stay in place was the hardest part--I tried about 4 different times before I sent her final piece off.














Inspiration for a future round of the Art Swap??

<a href = "http://www.voicesnet.org/displayonepoem.aspx?poemid=171799">Click here to visit VoicesNet.com to read the poem called "Manatee Moments" by Vel Champion, USA</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment