Friday, August 24, 2012

4x6 Art Swap Rd 5

My partner received in the 4x6 Art Swap rd 5, so I can now post what I made for her.





I had been showing Savannah how to write her name, and then trace around it with different colors to make a design, which inspired me to do this piece. I absolutely love the Craftster 4x6 art swap--it's so freeing and addicting, that I felt like showing the love this round. So, I started with that, and then needed some filler stuff...so, I had a rainbow, which then needed a sun, which then needed other weather related things...this is what it ended up being.

Alwaysinmyroom was the lucky recipient, and lucky for both of us that she loves the child-like style of artwork, and everything about it! Phew, it's always a little scary when you craft however you feel and then a surprise partner gets your piece...but, that's the fun of the swap, too!



 I received this amazing piece today....The words say: Time is a companion that goes with us on the journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived.


It looks like there was some decoupage  for the background, and then some paint splattered on that, and the butterfly is a neat 3-D element!

No comments:

Post a Comment