Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jarron's Finished Sunshine Blanket

After months and months of working on both my son's sunshine granny square blanket, and my daughter's granny square blanket, I finally finished his. I have another row, and a border to complete my daughters. 

My *almost* 5 year old  son loves red, yellow, and blue, and he also loves when I sing "You are my sunshine" to him.  That's what gave me the idea to put together this Sunshine design with those colors for his blanket. 

I've had a little issues with the sizes of the squares being off (I think it being different lots or something of the yarn...so some of the yellow is MUCH bigger than others, but I'm still really new at this, and he loves his blanket anyway, so I didn't really care...let it bunch a bit)

Anyway....the completed project:

A total of 195 approximately 4" granny squares, then sewn together, and bordered with an off white in double crochet. I haven't gone around it yet with a single crochet...he was too anxious to use it, and it's bedtime! He's going to be be comfy cozy, and sleep well tonight.

[PATTERN]
(13 columns x15 rows) OR (15 rows by 13 columns) However you see it :)

039-YELLOW SQUARES (Y)
020--RED SQUARES (R)
136-BLUE SQUARES (B)

I haven't measured it yet, but I think the row/column with 13 squares is around 50" when using the approximately 4" square. So, make your squares bigger/smaller to your liking.


1--B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B
2--B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B
3--B B B B B B B Y B B B B B B B
4--B B B Y  B R R Y R R B Y B B B
5--B B B B Y R Y Y Y R Y B B B B
6-- B B B R R Y Y Y Y Y R R B B B
7--B B Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y B B
8--B B B R R Y Y Y Y Y R R B B B
9--B B B B Y B Y Y Y B Y B B B B
10- B B B Y B R R Y R R B Y B B B
11-B B B B B B B Y B B B B B B B
12-B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B
13-B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B 




No comments:

Post a Comment