Friday, February 21, 2014

100s Day Crochet Chain

I was looking around Pinterest for teacher's gifts  one day, and came across the idea to crochet a paper chain.  Say what? I know, amazing idea! So, I took it one step further, and instead of an end of the year gift, I decided to make a 100s day chain for my son's Kindergarten teacher.  I wanted it to be something she could use for several units. So, I made sure that each color had at least 10.  They use 10-frames in math for counting.  I also wanted the colors of the rainbow, so that she could use this for working on colors.



10-red
10-orange
10-yellow
10-green
10-blue
10-purple

That's only 6, so I added

10-black
10-white

which gave me 20 left over to get to 100. Those are the multicolor.

I used sticky back velcro to attach them.  For sturdiness, I used mostly Red Heart yarn and cotton yarn.  As in any paper chain, the vary a bit in length and width.
You can also find this post on the Facebook page./br>

No comments:

Post a Comment