Thursday, January 26, 2012

Yarn Covered Letters


Perusing Pinterest, I came across the nifty idea to cover cardboard craft letters with yarn. I've seen several fun ones, so I got the letter L, thinking I might spell out Love...never mind it's also the first letter of my first name. Coincidence? Maybe. Anyway. I thought it was going to be super easy. And, mostly, it was. But, I just couldn't figure out how to get the corners, and the edges. I read to tape, but the tape showed. I read it should just hold if you pull it taut enough. Yeah, it does, but it moves a bit too. Finally, I read, hot glue the yarn to the letter. I LOVE hot glue. And, it truly saved my butt with this letter. I hot glued the yarn all the way around each edge a few times. This allowed me to just wrap the letter two times, both vertical and horizontal so that I could cover all of the letter. This is how it turned out. Not bad for a first try.

No comments:

Post a Comment