Saturday, December 31, 2011

30 Day Photography Challenge, Day 20


Day 20:
12/31/11

Challenge:
Bokeh


Bokeh is a photography element that I had never heard of before I started this challenge. I googled what it was several times, and I tried to figure out how to do it. For those who don't know, "Bokeh comes from the Japanese word ‘boke’, which means fuzzy. In photography, bokeh defines the quality of the blurred lights presented in a photo. We’re not referring to a badly taken photo that’s all out of focus, but rather the aesthetically pleasing background blur. Usually, this type of blur highlights the focused subject even more. " Taken from, http://www.photoble.com/photography-tips-tricks/how-to-7-quick-tips-to-create-bokeh-with-digital-camera

Anyway, my husband and I tried many things, but inside out home, we couldn't really think of a great way to experiment with Bokeh. I actually have a pretty good picture of my son that I took over the summer that appears to have this affect, but I am keeping this blog strictly photography and craft related so I won't post personal info about my family here. Anyway, so, that being said, this is what I came up with to sorta create "bokeh."

No comments:

Post a Comment